My research interests include semantic representations (specifically Abstract Meaning Representations), multilingual word embeddings, and L2 corpus linguistics. Work to date touches on information extraction , approaches to crowdsourcing annotation through Mechanical Turk , analyses of L2 coinages  and preposition use , and evaluation of natural language generation .
- *Shira Wein, Paul Briggs (2021). A Fully Automated Approach to Requirement Extraction from Design Documents. 2021 IEEE Aerospace Conference (pp. 1-7).
- Luke Gessler, *Shira Wein, Nathan Schneider (2020). Supersense and Sensibility: Proxy Tasks for Semantic Annotation of Prepositions. Proceedings of the 14th Linguistic Annotation Workshop (pp. 117-126). COLING, 2020.
- Michael Kranzlein, Emma Manning, Siyao Peng, *Shira Wein, Aryaman Arora, Nathan Schneider (2020). PASTRIE: A Corpus of Prepositions Annotated with Supersense Tags in Reddit International English. Proceedings of the 14th Linguistic Annotation Workshop (pp. 105-116). COLING, 2020.
- Emma Manning, *Shira Wein, Nathan Schneider (2020). A Human Evaluation of AMR-to-English Generation Systems. Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING) (pp. 4773–4786).
- *Shira Wein (2020). Classification and Analysis of Neologisms Produced by Learners of Spanish: Effects of Proficiency and Task. Proceedings of The Fourth Widening Natural Language Processing Workshop (pp. 88-91). ACL, 2020. [Video] [ACL Anthology / Bibtex]
*Shira Wein (2019). Sentiment Analysis on Translated Works: Explaining the Differences Between Linguistic Analysis of a Text and its Computational Sentiment. Unpublished senior thesis, Departments of Computer Science and Spanish, Lafayette College. [Winner of Barge Oratorical Prize – Best Oral Defense of Honors Thesis]
- Requirement Extraction from Design Documents in the Aerospace Domain. *Shira Wein. 18th Semi-Annual GU-CS Graduate Research Presentation Day, 2021.
- Computational Sentiment Analysis as a Tool for Metacognition in Literary Analysis. *Shira Wein, Joann Ordille, Michelle Geoffrion-Vinci. Graduate Portuguese and Hispanic Symposium (GRAPHSY) (Georgetown University), 2021.
- Classification and Analysis of Neologisms Produced by Learners of Spanish: Effects of Proficiency and Task. *Shira Wein. 17th Semi-Annual GU-CS Graduate Research Presentation Day, 2020.
- Crowdsourcing Preposition Supersense Annotation with Paraphrase Judgments. Luke Gessler, *Shira Wein, Nathan Schneider. Mid-Atlantic Student Colloquium on Speech, Language and Learning (MASC-SLL), 2020.
- Referenceless Evaluation of Natural Language Generation from Meaning Representations. Emma Manning, *Shira Wein, Nathan Schneider. Mid-Atlantic Student Colloquium on Speech, Language and Learning (MASC-SLL) 2020.
- The Grand Tour as Spatial Narrative: Story Maps in the Liberal Arts Study Abroad Curriculum. Markus Dubischar, Jason Simms, *Shira Wein. Conference for Blended Learning in the Liberal Arts (Bryn Mawr College), 2017.